1. Information We Collect
We collect the following categories of information, which may be considered personal information when maintained in identifiable form:
- first name and surname, username and password, email address, contact information, and other information you provide us when you or an employee creates an accountt within our internal Electronic Medical Records system;
- Transaction and payment information you provide when purchasing a product or service from us, whether on our Sites or In-clinic. This information may include the information listed above as well as payment information;
- Pet historical Information and additive records from internal and external sources; this information includes, for example, any information concerning vaccination records, previous treatments, existing conditions, X-rays, bloodwork, or any other diagnostic or treatment information.
We may also collect non-personally identifiable information. We use this information to identify trends and better serve our clientelle.
We collect information from you when you submit it to us, for example, when you register a pet or a new account in our Medical Records system.
We may also:
- automatically collect usage, analytics, viewing, logs, metrics and other device and technical data when you access our sites or affiliate online stores.
- obtain information about you from our resellers or other third-party partners, for example, if you use our online appointment creation functionality or buy products from our online store.
- automatically acquire information when you reply to or interact with an email we send, such as to track your engagement with our messages or when your replies to our messages contain additional email addresses. Our communications with everyone are logged and recorded for the sake of professional integrity.
We may use the information collected to:
- process your orders and requests and respond to your questions and concerns.
- provide you with communications concerning your pet or your account.
- communicate with you about your account or transactions, and provide you with product-related communications, such as information about new features and policy updates;
- We do collect user identifiable cookies for a number of our web-related functions; These cookies are generated and maintained by our web hosting server. We do not share these cookies externally to any third party.
We also use non-personally identifiable information, such as usage data and aggregated data, for other lawful purposes, such as identifying out clientelle trends towards or away from products.
We do not share your personal information outside of our internal uses or communications with the client or third party providers directly. We will share the info under the following circumstances.
- When you allow us to share the information, such as when you:
- Elect to share your personal information with third party partners and providers, so they can send you information concerning their services and results;
- Allow us to post pictures or information with your express permission to our advertising or social media platforms. Specific consent will be sought for each instance.
- Publish any information on our facebook or social media sites.
(Please note that once personal information is shared with another company, the information received by the other company becomes subject to its privacy policies and practices).
- To enforce our terms, agreements, policies or rules, to help protect the security, integrity and availability of our or another party’s products, systems and services; to exercise or protect the rights, property (including intellectual property), or safety of Kokopelli Animal Clinic, our users, or others; to comply with legal requirements; or in other cases if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law (including in response to a lawful subpoena or other law enforcement request); and
- In connection with a sale, divesture, or transfer of our company (including any shares in the company) or any combination of its products, services, assets, affiliates, and/or businesses. Your personal information (such as customer names and email addresses, and user information related to the Client Records) may be among the items sold or otherwise acquired in these types of transactions. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of the company. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
We may also share non-personally identifiable information and aggregate information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) for other business purposes. For instance, we may share aggregate reports with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain web store Services or for our Sites.
Your information may be stored and processed in – and we may transfer information to – the U.S. and other countries where the processed data is stored in Henry Schien Co-location servers.
You acknowledge that we may transfer information to the U.S., to any country in which Henry Schien, its advertising partners, and its service providers maintain systems or facilities, and to other countries globally.
If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, you acknowledge that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, consistent with our legal obligations governing the transfer of such data.
We are concerned about the security of your data. We have implemented technical and organizational security measures that are designed to help protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. From time-to-time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technologies and methods.
Please be aware, though, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot ensure, and do not warrant or guarantee, that the information you remit to Kokopelli Animal Clinic will remain secure, nor do we guarantee that this information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, destroyed or used in an unauthorized manner.
If we learn of a security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may also post a notice by email to affected users if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive a notice of a security breach in writing.
- Notice to Users of our Customers’ Websites and Digital Product. As noted above, when Kokopelli Animal Clinic’s customers use the Online Services as part of their own websites, apps, and digital products, they may collect information from you using our services, but they remain responsible for their own privacy and security practices. We are not responsible for our customers’ privacy and security practices, which may differ from ours. If you have used one of our customers’ sites or products, and you would like to access, correct or delete the personal data collected through that product, you should direct your request to the applicable customer.
Notices may be by email to the last email address you provided us, by posting notice of such change on our Site, or by other communication channels. You consent to receiving notices in these ways. We reserve the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to you, consistent with applicable law.
Kokopelli Animal Clinic
3301 Coors Blvd NW, Suite C
Albuquerque, NM 87120